Odoo – Configuration for Postgres Database and Odoo App on different servers
Make sure that you have properly configured Odoo on the app server and Postgres on the database server.
After that, you just need to have a few config changes.
On App Server:
The following parameters should be properly set in the Odoo config file:
- db_host = YourDatabaseServerIP
- db_port = 5432
- db_user = YourDatabaseUser
- db_password = YourDatabaseUserPassword
On Database Server:
- Mark “trust” to your App server IP in pg_hba.conf
- Assign the listen_addresses parameter as ‘*’ or ‘App Server IP’ in the Postgresql.conf file
- #Don’t forget the single quotes here
And then as per your instance type and the number of concurrent database users you can set config file parameters if needed such as workers, limit_time_cpu, etc.